Nurse Liaison (Remote Norfolk, Virginia) Sign-on Bonus
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse with a passion for
shaping the future of healthcare?--As a Nurse Liaison you will be
an expert in resource management, a master of utilization review
and a compassionate partner for patients and their support network.
You will be responsible for an assigned caseload at acute and
post-acute care facilities. You will conduct in person, on site,
face to face outreach, with patients to introduce the Post-Acute
program. You will gather patient demographics and--collaborate with
hospital clinicians, patients and their family to develop a
discharge plan of care and will coordinate post-acute care services
for the patient and collaborate with Post-Acute homecare agencies
on post-acute care plan of care, authorizing services as medically
necessary.--The Post-Acute Care program helps to reduce hospital
readmissions of patients and has aspects of education and coaching
to assist patient's transition home after a hospital stay. The
program works directly with patient treatment plans, facilitates in
home health care services to accomplish the treatment plan, patient
goals and patient education/coaching along with
In this Job, you will:
- Determine the optimal site of care for patients post hospital
discharge in collaboration with hospital discharge planners, case
managers and hospitalist.
- Manage and influence the transition of assigned Post-Acute Care
patients from acute care setting to the SNF, IRF, LTACH or home
setting utilizing face to face and/or telephonic outreach.
- Facilitate home health physician orders for home care upon a
patient's discharge to home.
- Contact referral sources to advise and relay updates to the
- Partner closely with the PAC Medical Director in reviewing
discharge plans and length of stay status to ensure optimal
- Communicate customer service/provider issues to supervisor for
logging and resolution.
- Engage and coach the patients/caregivers for performing
standard assessments, patient care plans, and document progress in
the HomeBridge platform.
- Document all interactions, problems, goals and interventions to
meet documentation guidelines.
- Work closely with the home health agency nurse to facilitate
education and adherence to establish health care goals and care
- Act as a clinical resource for unlicensed staff, to provide
clinical expertise and help with referral source directives,
clinical questions and issues.
- Participate and contribute to ongoing quality
assessment/improvement activities, performance, data collection,
analysis, operational process activities and prepares reports.
- Assist team in implementing and maintaining standardized
operational processes to ensure compliance to company policies,
legal requirements and regulatory mandates.
- Participate in implementing / maintaining operational processes
to ensure compliance to company policies, legal requirements and
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as
assigned.This is the job for you if:
- You are willing to travel 75% of the time to hospitals, SNF,
IRF, LTACH and physician offices within assigned geography
- You can work independently, utilizing sound clinical judgment
and critical thinking skills under minimal supervision.
- You have a strong commitment to quality and standards.You
should get in touch if:
- You hold a current and unrestricted Registered Nurse license.
- You have a minimum of five years RN experience (Required-
preferably with a geriatric population).
- You are an expert in Utilization Management and have knowledge
of URAC & NCQA standards.
- You have a broad knowledge of health care delivery/managed care
regulations, contract terms/stipulations, prior utilization
management/case management experience, and governmental home health
agency regulations. (Required)
- You possess negotiation, communication, influencing, problem
solving and decision making skills. (Required.)
- You possess a high level clinical knowledge, communication,
customer service and problem solving skills, as well as, the
ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and a
highly diverse clientele.
- You have excellent communication (verbal/written),
organizational, interpersonal skills and
- are able to effectively manage and prioritize tasks.What we
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans with HSA
Employer Contributions and Dependent Care FSA Employer Match
- Generous PTO, 401K Savings Plan, Paid Parental Leave, and
- Access to earned income between paychecks and financial support
- Complimentary on-demand fitness, mindfulness, and nutrition via
- Great culture with a sense of community, with career growth and
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace.We are an equal
opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions
are made without regard to age, race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identification, or being a qualified disabled veteran or qualified
veteran of the Vietnam era or any other category protected by
Federal or State law.
Keywords: CareCentrix, Orlando , Nurse Liaison (Remote Norfolk, Virginia) Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!