Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant I CNA
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
What You Will Do
Provides support services, under the supervision of the appropriate
professional staff in accordance with state regulations, assists
the client or family in the achievement of physical and emotional
comfort according to the patient's plan of care.
- Provides personal care services per state/federal rules,
regulations, and/or standards.
- Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to the
performance of specific techniques of personal and supportive care
such as ambulation of clients, transferring clients, assisting with
the normal range of motion and positioning and doing household
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, including shopping and
assisting with feeding, as assigned.
- Performs homemaking and other environmental services as
- Observes, reports and documents any changes in patient's
status. If unable to perform a certain task, reports to the primary
- Understands basic elements of body functioning and reports
changes in patient's body functions as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriate
emergency procedures per care center policy.
- Follows care center procedures regarding infection control,
handling of hazardous wastes, and safety measures.
- Accurately documents care provided and submits notes and other
required documents per care center policy.
- Follows specific written instructions for personal care
prepared by a registered nurse in accordance with the Plan of Care.
Written instructions are to be received prior to the delivery of
- Assists patient with prescribed exercises as instructed per
nurse or therapist.
- Provides respite for patient's family/caregiver when on-site,
- Performs and records simple urine tests for sugar, acetane, and
- Attends funerals/call hours when appropriate as assigned by the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6+) months full-time direct, patient care experience
- Must currently hold an active certified nursing assistant
license for the state of FL
- Current CPR certification. Preferred
- Hospice experience
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care
experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Alaska, California, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New
Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington
D.C., and Wyoming require state certification as a nurse assistant,
nurse aide, certified home health aide, or proof of registry as
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Orlando , Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant I CNA, Healthcare , Clermont, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!