Staff Psychologist - Child and Family
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Business: Boys Town In a career as a Staff Psychologist, you
will provide families with evidenced based treatment. Many families
face challenges and struggle to find the help they need when it
comes to their children who are experiencing behavioral, emotional
or academic concerns. Boys Town Behavioral Health Clinic
psychologists are knowledgeable and committed to quality treatment
for children and families. Our mission is to treat problems early,
before they develop into more serious behavioral health issues.
Utilizing a preventative based approach, children and families find
help, healing and hope at Boys Town Behavioral Health
Clinics.Schedule: Full TimeLocation: West Palm Beach,
- Conducts psychological assessments and provides therapy to
children and families and assists in establishing a referral base
- Provides psychological therapeutic services to clients each
- Meets monthly clinical productivity expectations (e.g.,
schedule 25-35 client appointments per week)
- Conducts clinical, cognitive, and psychoeducational
- Provides clinical consultation pertaining to children and
families referred for services.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a referral base from
Boys Town or pediatricians, schools, other treatment providers, and
general community referrals.
- Obtains ongoing education related to the fields of clinical
psychology, behavioral pediatrics, and clinical assessment and
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical, school, and/or counseling
- Must have completed an APA approved internship or
- Must be a licensed (or licensable) psychologist in the State of
- Proficiency in assessing and treating a wide range of clinical
concerns and diagnoses such as disruptive behavior problems, ADHD,
oppositional and defiant behavior, sleep disorders, mood disorders,
anxiety disorders and fears, motor habits, academic problems and
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of
psychology with an emphasis on behavioral pediatrics (primary care
psychology), behavioral psychology and/or cognitive behavioral
- Knowledge of clinical diagnostic criteria and emotional,
behavioral and developmental disorders.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of administering,
scoring and interpreting a wide variety of standardized
psychological tests and measures.
- Skill in determining diagnoses, providing therapy, conducting
evaluation, and administering standardized tests and measures.
- Ability to apply psychological principles to therapeutic
intervention with individuals, groups and families.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with a variety of people.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner
while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.About Boys
Town South Florida: Building brighter futures at Boys Town South
Florida since 1991, we have grown our services and programs to
touch the lives of 17,000 children and families in the sunshine
state each year.The opportunity to shape the future of America's
youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town South
Florida. Our hub is located in sunny West Palm Beach, and we are
just steps away from all the best that South Florida has to offer!
With beaches, shopping, arts and culture, Major League Baseball and
college sports of all kinds there is no end to the ways to enjoy
your off-work hours. Our Boys Town family is important to us, and
we make sure to support our team through a staff and family picnic,
chili cook-off and of course some friendly competition with game
night! We might even surprise you with a teambuilding exercise at
the local escape room. The culture of Boys Town South Florida is
committed to our current and future leaders through tuition
assistance, scholarship opportunities and the ability to
participate in a variety of professional development courses.About
Boys Town: Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million
children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country's
largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is
nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and
family care programs. From our start in 1917, we're poised to make
even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how
America cares for children, families and communities for the next
100 years. Date Posted: December 28, 2020 This advertisement
describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not
include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities
required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and
participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. To request a
disability-related accommodation in the application process,
contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Orlando , Staff Psychologist - Child and Family, Healthcare , Oviedo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!