Company: Orlando Senior Health Network
Posted on: November 23, 2020
RN, Skilled Nursing FacilityThe Commons at Orlando Lutheran Towers
is an affiliate of the Orlando Senior Health Network, a remarkable
Continuing Care Retirement Community located and operating for 40
years in downtown Orlando. Our beautiful facilities are walking
distance from beautiful Lake Eola and SunRail-Church St. station.
Our growing healthcare team is seeking an individual to join our
non-profit organization as an RN for our Skilled Nursing Facility
to provide a high level of health care service with a touch of love
and care. We strive for excellence in providing great health care
services. Orlando Senior Health Network celebrates with its
employees and residents as being recognized for the accreditation
by the Joint Commission and Five-Star Service Excellence Award. Our
organization is also recognized as a "Great Place to Work" since
2019, and one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters. JOB SUMMARY:
Assists in maintaining a positive physical, social, and
psychological environment in accordance with resident's needs and
facility philosophy. Responsible to the Director of Nursing for the
planning, directing, supervision and delivery of resident care.
Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete medical records
on each resident.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides nursing care according to physicians' orders and in
conformance with the nurse practice act, established standards, and
administrative policies. In the nurse practice act, practice of
professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring
substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill
based upon applied principles of psychological, biological,
physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not be
- The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning,
intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of
wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of
- The administration of medications and treatments as prescribed
or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the
laws of this state to prescribe such medications and
- The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory
and performance of any of the above acts.
- The professional nurse shall be responsible and accountable for
making decisions that are based upon the individual's educational
preparation and experience in nursing.
- Assists with evaluation of the nursing process on the unit, and
provides input regarding needed or desired changes.
- Supervises daily functions of the nursing unit, from LPN and
CNA supervision to delivery of resident care.
- Gives/receives nursing report upon reporting in and ending
shift duty hours.
- Communicates immediately to supervisor/nursing administration
on call any problem requiring immediate attention.
- Administers personal hygienic, preventative, therapeutic and
rehabilitative services to residents and assists in the
coordination of nursing care with care rendered by other
- Admits new residents by assessing their needs and reviewing
- Orders prescribed medications, supplies and equipment as
necessary, in accordance with established policies.
- Requisitions and arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic
services as ordered by resident's physician.JOB TYPE: HOURLY.
- Maintain a State of Florida issued license as a Registered
- Must have a current CPR card.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language in an
understandable manner and to be able to carefully follow written
and oral instructions.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently
throughout the workday.
- Ability to perform all functions of the job classification
without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
- This list of functions, duties, responsibilities, and skills is
not intended to be all-inclusive and the employer reserves the
right to assign additional duties and responsibilities as
necessary.At Orlando Senior Health Network, we strive for promoting
an equal employment opportunity to all applicants. We celebrate
diversity and inclusion with a commitment to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. As an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected
Veteran Employer, we comply with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. Orlando
Senior Health Network does not accept unsolicited resumes from
search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will
become the property of Orlando Senior Health Network and its'
Keywords: Orlando Senior Health Network, Orlando , RN SNF, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!