RN Case Mgr Home Care
Company: Orlando Senior Health Network
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Description: RN Case Manager, Towers Homecare The Towers
Homecare at Orlando Lutheran Towers is an affiliate of the Orlando
Senior Health Network, a remarkable Continuing Care Retirement
Community located and operating for 40 years in downtown Orlando.
Our beautiful facilities are walking distance from beautiful Lake
Eola and SunRail-Church St. station. Our growing healthcare team is
seeking an individual to join our non-profit organization as an RN
Case Manager for our Skilled Nursing Facility to provide a high
level of health care service with a touch of love and care. We
strive for excellence in providing great health care services.
Orlando Senior Health Network celebrates with its employees and
residents as being recognized for the accreditation by the Joint
Commission and Five-Star Service Excellence Award. Our organization
is also recognized as a "Great Place to Work" since 2019, and one
of the Best Workplaces for Commuters. JOB SUMMARY: Case management
serves as a means for achieving client wellness and autonomy though
advocacy, communication, education, identification of service
resources, and service facilitation. The responsibility of the RN
Case Manager will be to provide hands on skilled nursing care,
assess patient needs, and provide clinical documentation in a
timely manner. Having the ability to communicate patient needs to
clinicians, care providers, and caregivers. Will also provide
patient / family education and training in order to optimize the
outcome for all involved in the patient's
- Utilizes appropriate and effective interpersonal/communication
skills specific to job responsibilities.
- Protects the integrity of the organization, patients and
co-workers by maintaining confidentiality of all patient and
- Maintains a safe work environment to minimize risk to patients
and staff by complying with all safety/risk management policies and
- Maintains and contributes to the efficiency of operations by
consistently complying with all policies, procedures and guidelines
of the company.
- Maintains professional/technical competency and proficiency of
job responsibilities by attending and participating in meetings,
conferences and educational in-service programs as requested.
- Complies with agency requirements regarding timely completion
of company required paperwork.
- Accepts other duties as assigned. Assessment of individual
needs utilizing OASIS data set per COPs:
- Assess/collects data.
- Interviews individual support systems and care providers.
- Determines health and psychological needs.
- Reviews current status and treatment plan.
- Identifies barriers to wellness within treatment
- Reviews past history.
- Evaluates environment for accessibility and adaptive
needs.Development of individualized case management plans utilizing
OASIS per COPs:
- Reviews plan for consent and agreement.
- Advocates for individuals needs as indicated.
- Assists in the coordination of staff assignments of all health
care staff.Documentation of activity.
- Submits clear and appropriate documentation within 48 hours
after seeing the patient.Facilitation/implementation/coordination
of services, utilizing the OASIS data set per COPs:
- Coordinates treatment planning.
- Communicates regularly with individuals and support
- Promotes efficient and coordinated care.
- Determines implications of resources, availability and
limitations of coverage.
- Conferences with patient/client and involved
- Identifies needs for additional/ancillary
- Provides skilled nursing care in the patient's home as ordered
by the physician in conjunction with the plan of care.
- Supervises the LPN and HHA in the patient's home.Monitoring and
evaluation of services and outcomes:
- Reviews plans for continuity of care.
- Facilitates plan modifications as indicated.
- Assesses individual's satisfaction and compliance with
services.JOB TYPE: HOURLY. Requirements:
- Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida.
- Must have at least 2 years of Home Health or Acute Care
- Must have a current CPR card.
- Proficient in OASIS data collection and ICD 10 coding
- Experience in field case management and LPN supervision.
- Experience in Kinnser point of care.
- Ability to coordinate patient care with patient, family, and
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language in an
understandable manner and to be able to carefully follow written
and oral instructions.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently
throughout the workday.
- This list of functions, duties, responsibilities, and skills is
not intended to be all-inclusive and the employer reserves the
right to assign additional duties and responsibilities as
necessary.At Orlando Senior Health Network, we strive for promoting
an equal employment opportunity to all applicants. We celebrate
diversity and inclusion with a commitment to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. As an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected
Veteran Employer, we comply with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. Orlando
Senior Health Network does not accept unsolicited resumes from
search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will
become the property of Orlando Senior Health Network and its'
Keywords: Orlando Senior Health Network, Orlando , RN Case Mgr Home Care, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!