Director, Program Management
Company: Aerojet Rocketdyne
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Overview Aerojet Rocketdyne (AR) Coleman Aerospace is an innovative
systems engineering and integration provider. Both a prime
contractor and subcontractor, AR Coleman designs and produces
sophisticated ballistic missiles as replicas of global missile
defense threats. AR Coleman provides a variety of suborbital launch
vehicles, payloads, and launch services. Aerojet Rocketdyne Coleman
Aerospace is searching for a Director of Program Management for its
Orlando, FL location. The Director of Program Management is
responsible for the execution of one or more simultaneous products
under development from proposal development, through program
approval, technical development, production and acceptance by the
customer, and the operational program. The Director of Program
Management will have the authority to develop and execute programs
in accordance with Aerojet Rocketdyne's program management
practices, and have the over-all responsibility for executing
programs within technical, schedule, and cost requirements, and to
meet or exceed all internal financial commitments. The Director of
Program Management will work with functional leads to project
manpower requirements with sufficient horizon to meet program
needs. Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each) 100%:
- Manage a portfolio of program efforts, with subordinate program
managers, ensuring all internal and external customer requirements
- Manage programs against their baseline schedules, budget and
phase review objectives, reporting status to customers and internal
stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Identify and track program technical, schedule, and cost Risks
and Opportunities, including the development of risk mitigation and
opportunity realization plans and actions.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for all
- Ensure that the products are developed on time, and meet or
exceed the Company's quality standards.
- Lead Program Teams and facilitate the communication and
interaction amongst the functional representatives.
- Coordinate with customers, through the Contracts function where
appropriate, to provide necessary program status and obtain
- Develop and maintain excellent relationship with customer
- Direct proposal teams in the generation of detailed proposals
and cost estimates.
- Perform functional management of program managers, planners and
- Prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities. SECONDARY
- Resolve conflict amongst program team members.
- Provide feedback regarding employee performance on a program
team to the functional manager for documentation.
- Recommend and lead efforts to improve existing processes, to
improve quality, and on-time delivery. Requirements Requires a
Bachelor's degree in a technical, business or financial discipline
and at least 14 years of related experience within a
high-technology company/environment. Additional Requirements and
- MBA or M.S. preferred.
- At least five years of management experience, preferably 10
- Previous Cost Accounting Management experience required.
- Previous experience in Bid and Proposal activity expected.
- Experience as a second-level manager a plus.
- Experience in more than one of the following disciplines a
plus: Development Engineering, Business Development, Finance and/or
Operations. Expected Areas of Knowledge:
- Intimate knowledge of program management tools, practices, and
procedures, including EVMS.
- Intimate knowledge of people management skills; particularly
influence management and conflict resolution.
- General knowledge of PC board level product development or
embedded system product devolvement.
- General knowledge of finance, including ability to read and
understand financial data such as profit and loss statements, and
cash flow management.
- General knowledge of business development including market
research, market sizing, pricing, marketing communications, and
product launch. Analytical/Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to understand and question activities across a broad
range of engineering, manufacturing, and operational functional
areas, and make sound business decisions based upon that data.
- Strong influence management, negotiation, leadership and
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills. Physical
- Ability to sit in meetings for multiple hours during internal
and customer reviews.
- Ability to work effectively using program management and other
tools on a personal computer.
- Occasional travel required (typically less than 10%).
Keywords: Aerojet Rocketdyne, Orlando , Director, Program Management, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!