Project Manager - Design & Construction for Hospitality Projects
Posted on: March 18, 2019
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing multiple projects and acting as the engagement manager for MGAC to clients and other design and construction professionals for projects in Florida supporting MGACs Hospitality Team.
The PMs need to manage and have constant comprehension of project scope, schedule, budget, quality and risk to make recommendations in the best interest of our clients. PMs are expected to take an active role, being responsible and accountable for timely and cost-effective delivery of projects through all phases of a project including, project justification, requirements definition, funding, programming, site selection, team sourcing and structure, budgeting, scheduling, design development, permitting, bid leveling, value engineering, construction administration and commissioning, FFE and Special Systems procurement and installation, and relocation.
The PM is expected to independently manage full scope of projects and simultaneously manage components of others. PMs need to work autonomously and be self-sufficient executing projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages P/L of projects
- Supports clients vision; seen as trusted advisor by client POC
- Requirements gathering / needs assessments
- In command of client meetings
- Develops, Aligns, and Manages project scope, schedule, budget, quality and risk
- Builds collaborative relationships with Clients, A&E Professionals, Contractors / GCs, Vendors Teams
- Manages project recovery, risk management, contingency planning, schedule and budget recovery
- Anticipate project risks before materializing; solve challenges and conflicts
- Manages contracts, add-services, and invoicing
- Sourcing Architectural and Engineering Professionals
- Manages the Design Documentation Process (CDs and Specifications); and Client Reviews
- Manages the Procurement Process (Furniture, Fixture and Equipment and IT and Special Systems - Telecom, Audio-Visual Systems, Security Systems, Wireless, and Distributed Antenna Systems)
- Sourcing Contractors
- Manages the Construction Process including Construction Administration and Site Observation reports
- Manages the Commissioning Process including Special Systems Commissioning
- QA/QC for Construction and Installed Systems
- Receives positive Client feedback, and proactively seeks new opportunities with existing Clients
- Markets MGAC with Clients, and Supports MGAC Marketing Team with proposals Project Management:
- Project Planning - Documentation of Project Requirements from the Owner, and the development of conceptual budgets and schedules based on the define requirements
- Vendor Sourcing we expect each PM to be able to develop RFPs and manage the sourcing process for all key vendors required to deliver our projects. This typically includes an Architect, MEP / FP Engineer, Commissioning Agent, General Contractor / Construction Manager, IT Design Consultant, and 3rd Party Testing & Inspections.
- Vendor Management each PM will be responsible for managing all vendors engaged on the project. We expect our PMs to be comfortable having the conversations required to properly manage both the contractors and the professional services firms engaged on each project.
- Meetings we expect each PM to be able to lead meetings. This includes developing agendas and issuing meeting minutes and action items.
- Documentation the PM is expected to establish, organize and maintain project specific records for every project. This includes maintaining MGACs folder structure, maintaining / managing budgets, maintaining / updating schedules, meeting minutes, contracts, insurance certificates, RFPs, invoices, RFIs & Submittals, Design Documents, Close Out Documents, etc.)
- Design Management the PM is expected to manage the entire design process from initial Programming Working Sessions through Final CDs (and Bulletins, Modifications if appropriate). The Sr. PM is expected to develop key Milestone Deliverable dates, which will be incorporated into all vendor RFPs, and then proactively manage the design team to meet those dates. This includes the PM identifying the long lead items and establishing milestones or bid packages to support the procurement of those items within the critical path schedule.
- Reporting the PM is expected to develop executive reports for projects and programs reports in MS Office Suite software (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc.) to provide an update to the client on the health and performance of the entire project or programs scope, budget and schedule. These reports shall identify project status and highlight any project risks, escalations and decisions for the client. The reports may also include the development of key metrics and analytic tools to support this accomplishment.
- Invoices we expect the PM to be able to review, approve and processing Invoices for all projects. This will include all vendors contracted to the client.
- Budgets we expect the PM to be able to develop a conceptual cost estimate for projects, and to also manage and maintain project financial records. PM shall also be proficient in the review and management of contractor estimates and budgets. This includes budget reviews, variance analysis, value engineering, scope adjustments, etc. to manage the overall project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Schedules PM should be proficient in developing a conceptual project schedule based on their experience and project requirements and be able to develop tools to manage projects within the define schedule milestones.
- Correspondence / Communications we expect the PM to be able to communicate with all members of the project team, including the client. This includes providing guidance to the client, and in some cases saying no when clients want to do things that are outside of the scope or impact the budget and schedule. Education: Bachelors Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent training, education, and experience in a related field (Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field to the Construction Industry).
Experience: 5 7 years experience
Candidates with commercial construction project management, analytical skills, and sound judgment are preferred.
Acceptable experience includes any combination of the following:
- Project Management
- General Contractor / Construction Manager
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (Design)
- Architectural Project Management / Construction Administration Work Hours: Office Hours are 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
While a standard working day is a minimum of eight working hours, it is incumbent on each employee to provide the highest level of support to meet the needs of our clients, and therefore often requires more than an eight-hour standard.
Projects often involve activities that must be executed during nonworking hours. This will be specific to the given client, the project and their specific work rules. Certain activities could be performed during nights (6:00 PM to 6:00 AM) and on weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
MGAC is responsible for managing and coordinating the efforts of other professionals performing work at these times which may require MGAC presence and/or involvement during these off hours.
As the Owners Representative, projects require travel. As such, PMs are expected to travel to support our clients. Typical travel is approximately 2 to 3 days onsite depending on the phase and specific demands of a project.
Computer Skills: Required
Each PM is expected to be proficient with the following software applications (at a minimum):
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- MS Power Point
- MS Project
- Adobe Acrobat (or Blue Beam, Nitro pdf, and other pdf developers / editors) Attributes: Preferred
- Positive attitude
- Passion for construction and our industry
- Integrity - behaves consistently with the MGAC Way
- Flexibility is flexible with the ever-changing world of technology, design, construction, and means and methods
- Time Management understands and knows what tasks are more important than others and what needs to be solved immediately and what can wait; able to multi-task effectively; excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive takes initiative and seeks responsibility
- Self-development seeks continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to recognize quality
- Ability to consistently demonstrate concise verbal and written communication, and create clear and accurate documentation
- Ability to generate creative ideas to improve performance. PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS:
Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, files, and performs specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office, flexibility and an ability to thrive in an open work environment.
Keywords: MGAC, Orlando , Project Manager - Design & Construction for Hospitality Projects, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!