Company: BAYS Florida
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Description: JDAP Case Manager is the contact and support clients need to begin a path to successful completion of the JDAP requirements. A master of time management with attention to detail and a passion for creating positive change in the community.Essential Job Functions:
- Manage a caseload of up to 30 diverted youth by providing intensive supervision to youth through individual, collateral, and parental contacts.
- Complete program entry paperwork on all youth within time frame defined by Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate with team and maintain knowledge of all available community resources, classes, and groups. Attend and facilitate client classes as required.
- Make appropriate referrals to community agencies and follow-up within time frame defined by Quality Improvement Standards.
- Ensure that youth is complying with all sanctions and goals as outlined in their plan, including curfews.
- Schedule and attend school-related staffing, when needed.
- Maintain contact with all collateral services and Juvenile Justice Probation Officers as needed and within time frame defined by Quality Improvement Standards.
- Utilize and update internal electronic databases continuously and consistently with requirements, case details, etc.
- Electronically document, in detail, all case and field notes within 72 hours, utilizing the Juvenile Justice Information System.
- Use discretion to close cases successfully or unsuccessfully.
- Manage daily work schedule and work independently in the field without direct supervision.
- Evaluate and determine the necessity of calling in a report of suspected child abuse to the Florida statewide Child Abuse Hotline or assist the youth and/or family in doing so.
- Exercise discretion in contacting law enforcement in a crisis.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and case reviews within the assigned circuit.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Serve as backup to other BAYS Case Managers as needed.
- Read and adhere to all policies listed in the BAYS Employee Handbook and Standard Operation Procedures FLSA: Non- Exempt Starting Wage: $14.66/hour $14.90/hour with Masters Degree. Requirements: Education: Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Criminology, Social Work, Counseling or related discipline. Masters Degree preferred.Skills and Experience: Two years experience in case management and/or youth and family counseling. Familiarity with Juvenile Justice System and community resources. Must possess a valid Florida Drivers License, reliable and Auto Insurance.transportationTraining: The position follows an initial training plan which consists of 180 hours of , video and instructional training which must be completed within 180 days of hire. Annual training plans are issued to all staff at the beginning of each year with a minimum of 24 hours that must be completed.on-lineEquipment Used in Job Performance: Computer, copier, printer, fax, scanner, calculator, telephone, personal vehicle.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to feel and reach. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Must be able to successfully complete CPR/First Aid/AED and Protective Action Response .TrainingsWork Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Note: The functions and duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of the specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: BAYS Florida, Orlando , Case Manager, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!