Technical Director 2 - Spectrum News 13
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Client Reference Code: 229228
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is focused on the morning news, which means early mornings, but it also means primarily being off about noon
Being one our team means Youre ready to inspire and be inspired! Youre passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Direct and technical direct the production of live and recorded television news and/or sports content from multiple control rooms, studios and/or remote locations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and technical direct the audio and visual portions of live and recorded television through the use of automated production systems.
- Collaborate with editorial and technical personnel to produce high quality, compelling content.
- Promote teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Have competent understanding/skills related to shot composition, lighting and aesthetics.
- Work with operations and production leaders and engineering staff to continually refine workflows, creating new efficiencies and capabilities and providing feedback on control room procedures.
- Document technical procedures and processes.
- Assist in training the production staff.
- Notify the editorial team in a timely manner of any potential editorial problems.
- Operate robotic camera controls and audio mixing console.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Communicate issues in a written report.
- Set-up and maintain studio equipment.
- Lead production team assigned for live or recorded news or sports production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Management: Must have the ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Must be a leader in the control room.
- Interpersonal: Will interface with internal company personnel.
- Applications: Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including video switchers, audio mixers, character generators, DVEs, robotic camera controls, production automation systems, newsroom editorial software and automated on-air playout systems.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate solutions.
- Teamwork: Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving.
- Must work effectively within a team environment.
- Must also be able to work independently without direct supervision. Must be dependable, a self-starter and operate consistently with a high degree of accuracy.
College degree with a concentration in television production, or related field or equivalent work experience.
Related Work Experience
5 Years Directing/Technical Directing experience
- Semi-noisy office environment
- Lift/push/pull/maneuver equipment up to 50 lbs.
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and loss of staff members
- Participate in an established on-call rotation
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying distances
- Local travel in company car and may require additional trips
Job Code : NOP145 Technical Director 2 Nonexempt
Keywords: Spectrum, Orlando , Technical Director 2 - Spectrum News 13, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!