Environmental Project Manager
Location: Winter Garden
Posted on: November 18, 2023
At APTIM, we come to work each day knowing that we are making an
impact on the world. Our work spans from safeguarding and
maintaining critical infrastructure to helping communities recover
from natural disasters, from empowering our armed forces and first
responders to reducing carbon and energy use, and from making
cities more resilient against the threats of climate change to
restoring contaminated ecological systems. Job Overview: APTIM is
seeking an energetic Environmental Project Manager to join our team
of engineers, scientists, and technicians who are passionately
committed to safely solving our clients' environmental concerns.
The qualified candidate will be a hands-on Project Manager,
dedicated to completing projects with precision and accuracy. They
will participate in the development, planning, oversight,
management, and implementation of environmental work generally
related to environmental assessment, remediation, and
infrastructure projects. This may include environmental and
contamination assessments and remediation projects for state and
local government, heavy industry, and retail petroleum clients,
permitting and compliance assistance to state, local, and private
clients. The successful candidate will profitably and safely manage
environmental assessment/compliance/remediation projects to client
expectations from proposal through execution to invoicing and be
able to effectively mentor less experienced staff. The work mix
initially is expected to be 75% office and 25% field. Candidate
shall be located in APTIM's Tampa or Winter Garden Florida offices.
What you can expect from APTIM:
- Work that is worthy of your time and talent
- Respect and flexibility to live a full life at work and at
- Dogged determination to deliver for our clients and
- A voice in making our company better
- Investment into your personal and professional development Key
- Managing client projects from proposal through execution and
- Managing budgets from $5K to over $400K
- Interaction and cooperation with the client and the client's
staff, vendors, contractors.
- Developing and executing various work scopes while maintaining
project schedules and budgetary goals.
- Conducts work independently or as part of a project team,
adjusting work priorities to quickly changing site conditions and
- Monitors and manages budgets and timelines for execution of
- Manages schedule and balances multiple priorities to meet
project targets and timelines.
- Interpretation and evaluation of scientific data.
- Provide technical support to projects in all phases of work and
a variety of scopes that include but are not limited to: conceptual
design, environmental site characterization, monitoring,
permitting, remediation design, regulatory reporting procurement,
- Adheres to established health and safety policies and
procedures and executes work in a safe and conscientious
- Prepares or reviews technical documents for regulatory agencies
and private clients. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Environmental Science,
Environmental Engineering or other Science degree required.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in the environmental assessment and
- 5 - 10 years of experience in project management and personnel
management in the environmental assessment and remediation
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and
- Thorough understanding of Chapters 62-780 and 62-777, Florida
Administrative Code, and risk-based closure avenues allowable.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple
activities on an on-going basis by given deadline
- Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle.
- Completion of 40-hour OSHA-HAZWOPER training and annual
- The following certifications are a plus: Licensed Asbestos
Inspector; Asbestos Project Monitor; Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor,
Indoor Air Quality Training Desired/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing projects for both government and private
- Experience working in Florida geologic environments.
- Experience with Chapters 62-780 and 62-777, Florida
- #LI-ONSITE Additional Job Information Who we are and what we
do: APTIM is a global industry leader headquartered in Baton Rouge,
Louisiana. With more than 4,000 employees worldwide, APTIM
specializes in critical infrastructure, technical and data
solutions, program management, environmental services, resilience,
as well as sustainability and energy solutions. Our dedicated
people have the proven experience and expertise to provide
integrated services and solutions to government agencies,
commercial, industrial, and energy customers. APTIM is committed to
accelerating the transition toward a clean and efficient energy
economy, building a sustainable future for our communities and the
natural world, and creating an inclusive equitable environment that
celebrates the diversity of our people. APTIM is a place where our
people make a difference, not just a living.
Keywords: APTIM, Orlando , Environmental Project Manager, Executive , Winter Garden, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!