Vice President of Operations
Company: North American Roofing Services Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Tracking Code 3828-198 Job Description North American Roofing is
-a large commercial roofing contractor -servicing the -United
States. We are searching for a VP of Operations within commercial
roofing, to lead our production side of the operations. Ideally
looking for someone -located within a couple hours of the corporate
office, in Tampa Florida. Job Overview:Reporting to the COO, the
Vice President of Operations of North American Roofing Systems
(NARS) provides leadership, management and mentoring for the
Service and Production teams (overall headcount of approximately
70-80). This position is responsible for instituting and enforcing
the proper operational controls, administrative policies, and
reporting procedures to ensure best-in-class commercial roofing
installations. Additionally, this key management role focuses on
hiring and developing talent to operate efficiently, provide
excellent customer service, and support the ongoing growth of the
business. North American roofing is being led by its current
management team to drive a full-scale performance improvement of
the business. This is a unique opportunity to work with a
management team who has a track record of successful business
turnarounds. Job Duties
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management for the following
departments: Production and Service.
- Ensure a strong culture of effective communication with Senior
Management, within the install department, between departments, and
with our customers at all times.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of each area
- Create a success-oriented, accountable environment within areas
- Collaborate with CEO and COO to develop and implement growth
strategies within areas of control.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports to CEO and COO
regarding progress of all operational areas.
- Collaborate with Sales to ensure an effective operational
strategy is in place to support the Company's sales plans.
- Assess the operational infrastructure of systems, processes,
and talent in area of oversight to ensure each is aligned for
- Develop and implement needed improvements and accountability
- Review SOPs for each department against current operations and
processes and adjust as needed.
- Establish assessment procedure to ensure quality of work is
performed in the field and customer expectations are met.
- Lead decisions on all escalated customer issues to ensure all
are addressed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for holding one or more state licensure where NAR
- Provide operational support for Sales and Estimating
- When requested, provide alternate design methods and review
technical or difficult jobs prior to bid
- Ensure a culture of safety on all projects for all operations
- Responsible for fulfilling company goals
- Complete detailed year-end evaluations for all Direct
- Additional duties as assigned.Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years commercial roofing experience managing projects
- 10+ years of managerial experience coaching and mentoring
- Bachelor's degree in management or applicable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to review and understand project financials and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Preferred: One or more State Licensure Qualifier in states
where NARS operates and/or the ability to take and pass State
Licensure Qualifier for states where NARS operates.Working
- Work is performed in hybrid environment of office and outdoor
weather conditions. Must be able to work in varied extreme weather
conditions (extreme hot and extreme cold).
- Must be able to climb a ladder to access roof tops at customer
sites on a regular basis.
- Must be able to walk across terrain with adverse
- High degree of knowledge regarding roofing safety protocol and
- 50% travel both locally and nationally by plane and/or
- Repetitive bending, squatting, twisting and stooping with
infrequent lifting up to 50 pounds is required.
- Perform work in a fast-paced environment with precise
- Repetitive finger/hand/forearm motion necessary operating a
keyboard or laptop.
- Ability to manipulate keyboards, telephone keypads, and other
- Talking and listening required for answering telephones and
conversing personally with customers and staff. -Company -Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary -
- Holiday & Paid Time Off
- Monthly Vehicle allowance
- Employer sponsored healthcare options including medical, vision
- Employer matched 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off for volunteering in your community
- Career advancement training
- Progressive, people-centric culture Job Location Orlando,
Florida, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular ApplyConnect
Who do you know at
North American Roofing
Keywords: North American Roofing Services Inc., Orlando , Vice President of Operations, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!