Company: Assa Abloy Americas
Posted on: September 19, 2023
We are the ASSA ABLOY GroupOur people have made us the global
leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them
wherever they go. With nearly 52,000 colleagues in more than 70
different countries, we help billions of people experience a more
open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces - physical and
virtual - safer, more secure, and easier to access.--As an
employer, we value results - not titles, or backgrounds. We empower
our people to build their career around their aspirations and our
ambitions - supporting them with regular feedback, training, and
development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where
they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their
role locally, regionally, or even internationally.As we welcome new
people on board, it's important to us to have diverse, inclusive
teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.Do you
consider yourself to be a hands-on Manufacturing Operations Leader?
Are you obsessed with making sure that on-time deliverables are
made with the highest quality product standards? Do you have a
passion for driving and fostering an employee-centric culture on
the production floor that directly helps to impact the company's
overall success?If you answered yes to these questions, then we
should talk!ASSA ABLOY is opening a brand new regional
manufacturing facility (Gulf Coast Service Center) which will be
based in Orlando, Florida is looking for an Operations Manager to
help round out the Management team.ASSA ABLOY is a global leader in
opening access solutions. Our Group focuses on the manufacturing of
steel doors and frames within the commercial market catering to
such industries as hospitality, healthcare, aerospace and
defense,--sports stadiums and educational markets.--What would you
do as our Operations Manager? In this hands-on role, you will
utilize cross-functional leadership, technical knowledge and
communication skills to ensure customers receive a quality product
while meeting on-time performance goals. The ideal candidate is
continually striving to improve operational efficiencies and
overall performance with the Production Team. This role plays an
integral part in the day-to-day operation and overall success of
the facility.Reporting directly to the Service Center Manager, this
individual will play a key role in leading the Operations team as
it relates to the manufacturing, quality and distribution of our
products while ensuring the environment is safe for all
employees.You would also:
- Plan, direct, oversee, and manage the daily operations of the
manufacturing floor ensuring that products are delivered with
on-target results and on-time delivery to our customers.
- Ensure that daily and weekly production targets are achieved.
Comfortable being hands-on, if required
- Support frontline supervisors by developing and following up on
action plans and help to create actionable solutions.
- Lead initiatives for employee involvement and engagement
- Manage employee performance to develop a strong and effective
- Oversee production planning to optimize the production schedule
- Promote environmental, health, and safety philosophies and
- Advance a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the
key business partners outside of production.
- Other projects or duties as assigned by management.
- Participate in creating a safe and harmonious working
- Assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate
policies, regulations, AADG programs and policies and the ASSA
ABLOY Code of Conduct --The Skills and Experience you need:
- High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree in
Manufacturing Operations, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing supervision
or management level role with a demonstrated track record of
leading people and improving the overall employee experience
- Experience in LEAN Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen and Process
- Previous experience working in a custom engineered, metal
forming, or fabrication environment preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects under tight time
deadlines minimizing disruptions, improving product quality, and
maximizing operational output.
- Previous experience with workforce planning and production
- Ability to read blueprints and understand engineering drawings
is a plus.
- Excellent communication and computer skills What we offerWe are
passionate about providing amazing opportunities and benefits, so
you can continue and progress a lifelong career with us - here's
what we have to offer:
- Learning and career development opportunities, whether it's
online learning, management training or enhancing your skills.
- A competitive salary and incentive schemes.
- Variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k),
Flexible Spending, discount portal, recognition and well-being
programs --- to name just a few! We review applications regularly,
so don't wait! We are building diverse, inclusive teams, and
encourage applications from everyone who can see themselves working
with us.To make sure your personal data is safe, we don't look at
any applications sent by email or post.If you have any questions
about the role or the process, email Stephanie Mandato, Talent
Acquisition Manager at Let's create a safer and more open world -
together!AADG, Inc.--is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Assa Abloy Americas, Orlando , Operations Manager, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!