State Director of YMCA Reads
Company: The National Council of Young Men's Christian Asso
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Searching for a passionate professional and influence leader for
YMCA Reads! and literacy inititives/programs across the state of
Florida. Job Description The Florida State Alliance of YMCAs is
hiring for the State Director of YMCA Reads!.This position, as an
essential administrative staff in the Florida State Alliance of
YMCAs, is responsible for the coordination of all state-wide
literacy afterschool programs, including YMCA Reads! and any
literacy-based enrichment programs.This role includes staff support
and coaching, budgeting, expense control, grant management and
compliance, program development and quality control,
collaborations, long-range planning, as well as overseeing the
daily operations of YMCA Reads! and enrichment programs. The State
Director of YMCA Reads! also provides direction and leadership for
the achievement of Alliance goals in accordance with the policies,
procedures and standards established by the Board that will advance
the mission of the YMCA.Salary range 50-60k, commensurate with
experience, along with excellent benefits including health, dental,
vision & life insurance, facility usage, generous paid time off and
YMCA-paid retirement at 12% upon eligibility.This is a remote job,
but the candidate must be(come) a Florida resident. 60% of the work
cycle will be able to be conducted remotely and the State Director
of YMCA Reads! will be required to travel 30-40% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services,
education, business or equivalent preferred.
- Candidates should possess strong leadership, supervision and
interpersonal skills, with a proven record of achieving results in
collaboration with others; building successful teams; and mentoring
professionals, volunteers and students.
- Candidates should also have experience working within diverse
groups and possess an understanding of how to create culturally
inclusive and engaging environments.
- Proven track record of leading others through influence to
achieve a common goal.
- Three years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or
other nonprofit agency required.
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer
development, support of staff, development and monitoring of
budget, marketing and public relations, and program
- Experience in recruitment, management and development of
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from
all social and economic segments of the communities served in
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community
organizations. Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Essential
- Direct, support and administer operation of youth programs
(YMCA Reads!, Literacy-based enrichment opportunities, etc),
including the interpretation and execution of established policies,
the development of procedures and methods, staffing, evaluation of
the effectiveness of the programs and operation in conjunction with
local Ys or partners.
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement annual program
growth goals, retention goals, and objectives that include monthly
and weekly action plans.
- Manage the execution of grants that support the programs.
- Work collaboratively with program partners, including local
YMCAs, curricular partners, etc. to ensure program fidelity and
- Advise, train and coach leadership staff in the recruitment,
hiring, supervising of staff and volunteers through use of
Leadership Competency Model resources that create a culture of
- Coordinate the development of the advisory board and
- Prepare annual budget; recommend adjustments and administer the
budget, exercising necessary controls to ensure operations that are
consistent with the goal of a balanced operational budget; manage
all program related expenses and revenue.
- Manage reporting and administration of state appropriations for
YMCA Reads! with the Florida Department of Education.
- Represent and promote the YMCA in the community and develop
positive working relationships with other organizations,
businesses, and governmental entities.
- Interpret and communicate the objectives and programs of the
YMCA through public communication media and active participation in
- Organize and conduct Community Support Campaign efforts in
close harmony with staff and volunteers and in accordance with the
standards of the Alliance.
- Serve as a member of the Florida State Alliance of YMCAs
leadership team and support the overall objectives of the YMCA
- Program/Project Management
- Communication & Influence
- Functional Expertise
- Engaging Community
- Inclusion Required Certifications Employee must be a licensed
driver in the State of Florida or able to obtain license within 2
weeks of start date. An MVR report will be requested. A report that
includes serious and/or excessive violations among other issues may
result in denial of employment. Employee must also be able to pass
a level 2 background check and drug test.
Keywords: The National Council of Young Men's Christian Asso, Orlando , State Director of YMCA Reads, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!