Field RN Case Manager /Fri-Sun -with Incentive
Company: Chapters Health System
Posted on: March 19, 2023
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing!We're committed to bringing passion and customer
focus to the business.Role:
The RN, Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing and
identifying patient/family needs, utilizing the nursing process,
coordinating the Plan of Care with the Interdisciplinary Group
(IDG), and providing palliative and supportive care to the
- Current Florida license as RN, current active single-state
out-of-state nurse license, or current active multistate/compact
- Minimum one (1) year of in-patient nursing or hospice
experience for external candidates; for internal applicants,
minimum of 6-months of LPN experience with hospice/home health
within an affiliate
- Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic
Medical/Health Record) system
- Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
per Company policy
- Reliable transportation to meet visit schedule
- Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of Hospice House
- Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and
caring for terminally ill patients and their families
- Ability to physically access patient rooms, other areas of the
Hospice House/Hospital/ALF, etc., and any home (i.e., navigate
stairs and narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air
conditioning) within any part of the service area
- Ability to perform the essential functions and physical
requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients
and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job
with or without reasonable accommodation
- Active BLS for healthcare professionals from the American Heart
Association or Red Cross. Employees hired prior to 12/31/2022 must
obtain certificate prior to 10/1/2023
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care
delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government
regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the
organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as appropriate for the position.
- Provides and manages direct care to patients and families as
part of Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), incorporating psychosocial,
spiritual, cultural, physical and biological components, and
appropriate nursing intervention and follow-up.
- Coordinates the Plan of Care, ensuring that an individualized
Plan of Care is developed that accurately reflects the patient's
- Educates patient, family, caregivers and other health
professionals about disease process and decline, palliative
interventions, care giving, dying process and safety
- Reports changes in the patient's condition to appropriate
members of the IDG or other health professionals.
- Participates with the IDG to evaluate hospice
referrals/admissions for level of care appropriateness.
- Attends patient deaths; prepares body for transport; oversees
disposal of medications.
- Provides appropriate bereavement interventions to the family
and caregiver in conjunction with psychosocial staff.
- Presents concise and pertinent oral and written reports to IDG;
respects and encourages input from all disciplines.
- Communicates accurately and completely to physicians, staff
members, patients, families, and supervisors; utilizes positive
approaches when working with others.
- Supervises patient care given by other nursing team members
(i.e., LPNs, Hospice Aides, and contract nurses).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands for Post Offer/Pre-Placement (The demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
individual to perform the essential functions of the job, with or
without reasonable accommodation.):
While performing the duties of this job, the following abilities
are required: see; hear; talk; walk; use hands to finger, handle or
Frequently required to: stand; sit; reach with hands/arms; lift;
Occasionally required to: pull; push; stoop/crouch; kneel; climb
Keywords: Chapters Health System, Orlando , Field RN Case Manager /Fri-Sun -with Incentive, Executive , Tavares, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...