Strategic Sourcing Manager
Company: Oceaneering International, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Reporting to the Director, Global Procurement, the role of
Strategic Sourcing Manager plays a critical role in the development
of Oceaneering's self-driving vehicle hardware. You will be
responsible for managing all components within the assigned
commodities from RFQ stage, business award, and prototype through
serial production. The position has high visibility within the
organization and offers the chance to be a part of an advancement
in people movement. This role is a cornerstone of the organization,
focusing on direct sourcing and procurement support for our
self-driving vehicle projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop sourcing strategies ensuring the suppliers are capable
of meeting Oceaneering International's current and future technical
and business requirements.
- Manage the strategic vendor relationship as the primary
commercial point of contact for Oceaneering and each supplier.
- Understand the technology roadmap of critical suppliers and
communicate throughout the organization with a formal commodity
- Partners with Engineering, Project Management, and Supplier
Quality to ensure suppliers are meeting program milestones,
delivering material on-time, fulfilling quality requirements, and
following proper change management procedure to maintain control of
- Tracks the BOM cost for assigned components as the
program/design progresses towards serial production.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the organization for matters
pertaining to component cost including savings opportunities,
supplier strategy/capabilities, VA/VE, and lean manufacturing.
- Manages and resolves issues with commercial terms or supply
chain issues, escalating to leadership based on severity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or
another related field.
- Minimum 5 years of Procurement experience working in an
Automotive (OEM/Tier1) or high-tech manufacturing industry.
- Previous management of a global supply base, supporting
multiple worldwide manufacturing locations.
- Ability to lead strategic sourcing, vendor
development/management, RFX events, advanced sourcing, new product
introduction, pricing, and terms negotiations.
- Must be familiar with and able to negotiate key legal terms as
it pertains to Development and Production Supply Agreements.
- Ability to navigate and manage internal relationships across a
cross functional team including Finance, Engineering, and Program
- Full understanding of Automotive Advance Product Quality
Planning activities and the Production Part Approval Process.
- In-depth knowledge of the Source to Pay process.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the
ability to present frequently to Senior Leadership teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to
ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating
with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations,
business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture,
philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and acts before being asked or
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Inc., Orlando , Strategic Sourcing Manager, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!