Assistant General Manager
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The purpose of the Assistant General Manager role is to relieve
a high potential Operations Manager from their day-to-day
responsibilities so they can dedicate their time to shadowing and
learning how to become an effective General Manager. The time in
this training role will last approximately nine to fifteen months,
depending on the individual. The Assistant General Manager will be
assigned to a Tier One Customer site or a larger site with multiple
customers.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:Operations
- Learns how a General Manager leads Managers/Supervisors to
ensure operational procedures for executing activities for incoming
and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and
keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy are in
- Observes and becomes active participant in developing and
managing a comprehensive strategy for the facility by shaping
requirements, assessing deliverables and utilizing resources to
help eliminate process problems.
- Learns how to make long-term labor needs based on sales,
forecasts and historical data
- Conducts analysis of workload compared to labor hours and
- Learns how to read and prepare a facility P&L and annual
- Learns how to audits all billing activity for accuracy,
authorize purchase order requisitions, vouchers and customer
- Learns how to charge labor hours to the respective departments
to ensure proper factoring is achieved and accurate
- Observes and begins to be the point of contact on all report
out on locations financial and operational performance.Employee
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices and
adherence to established corporate and department policies and
- Works with Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues,
discipline actions, problem resolution and terminations.
- Visits other warehouses and participates in department or
company meetings, as necessary.
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to
enhance other's skill development.
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent
- Acts as a role model for the department in support of corporate
mission, vision, and values.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback on performance, prepares
and presents formal performance appraisals and make recommendations
and approve annual compensation increases.
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on
information, tools, and systems.Safety and Security
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the
facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI
- Coordinates all alarm-monitoring systems and reviews sprinkler
- Learns how to conducts monthly review of aging for accounts
receivable and works closely with the Director and Corporate office
to recover balances in a timely fashion.
- Learns how to review customer contracts, determining and
recommending annual increases to the Regional Vice-President and
Director of Business Development.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field,
or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the
company, High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 7+ years' overall experience and experience in
managing a 100,000+ sq ft warehouse/distribution center with total
revenues up to 1m
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the
willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in
- Experience with seasonal work forces is a plus, but not
- Excellent talent management and team building skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferredOther:
- Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours
including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency,
facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise
levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to
access all areas of building without limitations.
- This position will require up to 75% travel Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: NFI, Orlando , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!