Software Engineering Manager - Data Insights
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Cloudbeds team is composed of the greatest minds in
technology and travel. Together, we build innovative technology
products used to operate and grow lodging businesses all over the
world, and connect those lodging businesses to travelers from every
corner of the globe. Our aim is to make the world a more welcoming
place; after all we understand the value of travel and share a love
of different cultures, people, and places.
We're looking for the world's best technology innovators who want
to help us reinvent the world of tech in travel and who love to
travel as much as we do. Our hundreds of team members are spread
over 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We
have been a #remotefirst company since our founding in 2012, and we
encourage every member of our team to work from wherever they are
around the globe.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will lead a
remote team of Software Engineers to deliver frequent and
high-impact value to our customers in over 150 countries. You will
be responsible for team hiring, onboarding, performance, and
growth, as well as facilitating the delivery of key projects. In an
agile and high-growth environment, you will work across departments
to eliminate obstacles by continuously experimenting with new and
creative ideas to optimize performance, quality, and communication.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will be a key
contributor to our delivery of the highest quality full-stack
property management solution for properties all around the
The Data Insights teams are responsible for reporting, dashboards,
data analytics and API level data access for our customers. This is
a large multi-tenancy system with fast SLOs and customers all over
Our teams have a high degree of autonomy and release iteratively to
our customers, while collaborating with other teams across the
organization to define common practices. As a manager you will be
part of a team of other managers in the Data Insights Tribe.
This is an opportunity to work with a company completely
transforming the world of travel technology. You will be an
essential member of the team as we march toward our goal to power
every lodging business in the world.
Location: US (remote)
What You Will Do:
- Manage a high performing, agile software team in a rapidly
growing, global organization.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and leadership to
facilitate project delivery.
- Leveraging your background, actively contributing to technical
discussions and strategy.
- Contribute to department-wide initiatives promoting technical
excellence, innovation, engagement, and diversity.
- Work with our recruiting team to hire and onboard top
- Encourage a healthy and innovative team culture demonstrating
Cloudbeds' values through mentorship and coaching.
- Constantly detect and take advantage of opportunities to
improve team performance, quality, and communication (Kaizen!).
You'll Succeed With:
- BS or MS in computer science or a related technical field.
- 10+ years experience developing software
- 2+ years experience with large scale data analytics or
- 2+ years experience managing remote, international
- Hands-on manager
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and decision making
skills driving high-impact, rapid, and iterative change in a
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation
- Experience hiring, onboarding and developing strong engineering
- Experience with coaching and mentorship to elevate team
- Ability to take initiative and make an impact on the larger
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with multi-tenancy reporting
- Experience with Postgres, ideally sharded Postgres
- Real time ETL experience
- Knowledge of Kafka and Redis
- Knowledge of PHP, NodeJS, Python, JS, Vue.js, React
- AWS experience
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket)
and with Github
- Knowledge of Spotify orgs and terminology
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an
open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the
opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you
think you have the skills and passion, we'll give you the support
and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be
considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies - Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work - Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work - HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020,
- Best Property Management System - HotelTechReport (2021,
- Best Hotel Management Software - HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch - Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers - Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 - Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America - Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that
celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that
persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process or to perform essential job
functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or
via email at
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only
for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting
agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not
authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such
submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not
accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do
not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any
other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees
related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Keywords: Cloudbeds, Orlando , Software Engineering Manager - Data Insights, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!