Manager, Cloud Technologies (GCP or Azure)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a
solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist and leader
who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and
share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive
demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US
Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with
significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more
about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Evaluate business needs and priorities, liaise with key
business partners and address team needs related to big data
systems and management.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications;
establish and define details, definitions, and requirements of
applications, components and enhancements.
- Lead in project planning; identifying milestones, deliverables
and resource requirements; tracks activities and task
- Generate design, development, test plans, detailed functional
specifications documents, user interface design, and process flow
charts for execution of programming.
- Develop data pipelines / APIs using Python, SQL, potentially
Spark and AWS, Azure or GCP Methods.
- Use an analytical, data-driven approach to drive a deep
understanding of fast changing business.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data
processing frameworks in AWS, Azure or GCP cloud platform.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design,
develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and
rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers
house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers,
architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber
risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse
projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies,
to brand-building and campaign management.
We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline
the value of each individual, providing customized career paths,
fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on
quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team
culture where we work and live close to home with limited
- 5+ years of managing technical teams.
- 10+ years of experience in data engineering with an emphasis on
data analytics and reporting.
- 10+ years of experience with one or more Cloud platforms:
Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud
- 8+ years of experience in SQL, data transformations,
statistical analysis, and troubleshooting across more than one
Database Platform (Cassandra, MySQL, Snowflake, PostgreSQL,
Redshift, Azure SQL Warehouse, etc.).
- 8+ years of experience in the design and build of data
extraction, transformation, and loading processes by writing custom
- 8+ years of experience with one or more of the follow scripting
languages: Python, SQL, or Kafka.
- 8+ years of experience designing and building solutions
utilizing various Cloud services such as EC2, S3, EMR, Kinesis,
RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena, API gateway.
- 5+ years in consulting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform Certification.
- Master's degree
- Expertise in Scala, PySpark and/or Python.
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system on
- Experience working with agile development methodologies such as
Sprint and Scrum.
- Travel up to 10% (While some travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice).
- Must live or be willing to relocate to one of the following
USDC locations: Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA.
Keywords: Deloitte, Orlando , Manager, Cloud Technologies (GCP or Azure), Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!