Manager, Business Intelligence
Company: NBC Universal
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager, Business Intelligence focus on
managing and guiding the design, development and delivery of
critical reports, dashboards and analytic solutions for UO core
business groups in support of marketing and strategic decision
making. The Manager teams with diverse stakeholders across Finance,
Marketing, Operations, Sales, and IT teams and work closely with
them to determine reporting requirements and translate them into
appropriate reporting tools. The IT team will serve as a close
partner in assuring the flow of valid data from the data warehouse
to reporting tools and ensure accuracy and quality to BI reports.
On an ongoing basis the Manager will guide the maintenance,
enhancement and design of reports based on clients needs and
changing environment. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Intelligence Architecture Management.
- Guide and manage the design and development of business
intelligence dashboards, analytic reports and data visualizations
using Tableau as well as other reporting tools.
- Gather report requirements from clients across the business to
make sure they satisfy their needs and help them make strategic
- Document user requirements into a well-structured
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple
- Translate high-level information into insights and
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Data Quality Assurance.
- Drive the proper process for QA of reports and dashboards to
ensure accuracy and data integrity.
- Ad-Hoc Business Intelligence Reporting,
- Project Management & Communications.
- Manage incoming reporting requests and prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to interact professionally with a diverse group that
includes clinicians, management, and subject matter experts.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives
- Mentor and guide any business intelligence analysts within the
- Assist in the performance of other special duties and projects
as needed in support of organizational goals
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health
& Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy,
procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.SCOPE: Key business
intelligence expert and influencer of Sales and Marketing business
intelligence development needs throughout all sales and marketing
- Previous experience with marketing, media and customer
segmentation strategy required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced).
- Experience with Reporting Tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases (advanced).
- Must have thorough understanding of database structure.
- Experience creating complicated reports including sub-reports,
parameter based reports, graphical reports, formula based,
well-formatted reports, drill-down reports, analysis reports,
- Working knowledge of databases including writing SQL queries
- Excellent analytical skills required including advanced
statistical and data mining techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Ability to work directly with internal departments towards
issue resolution/project release.
- Ability to evaluate quantitative data sets and determine big
picture implications required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment required.
- Proficiency communicating research results in written, visual
and verbal form required.EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required,
preferably in Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or
- 6+ years of experience with database queries and report and
dashboard creation preferably in support of marketing and sales
functions in the consumer entertainment, travel or amusement park
- Strong background in all aspects of database technology, with
an emphasis on the use of analytical and reporting tools.
- Proficient in SQL Programming and reporting tools such as
Tableau, COGNOS, Business Objects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience/Knowledge in the following areas
preferred/beneficial: Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment
&/or Theme Park experience, CRM Analytics, Adobe Analytics; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.Your talent,
skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive
compensation package.Universal is not accepting unsolicited
assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal
Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method
without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this
position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the
sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of
the referral or through other means. Universal Orlando Resort. Here
you can.Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2021 Universal
Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Keywords: NBC Universal, Orlando , Manager, Business Intelligence, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!