Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Services is hiring for an Accountant for a contract
assignment in Orlando, FL. This is a great opportunity to work with
a government facility, the ideal candidate will have a MBA or CPA
and experience with GASB accounting.This position is responsible
for posting and reviewing routine and non-routine journal entries
in the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers; closing month and
year-end accounting ledgers; preparing and reviewing of monthly,
quarterly, and annual account reconciliations; analytical review of
monthly, quarterly, and annual financial activity; preparation of
audit schedules and management reports (recurring and ad hoc).
Participating in drafting of the audited financial statements and
footnote disclosures presented in the university's annual report as
well as other financial reports submitted to external parties.
Position has extensive interaction with directors, managers, and
staff within various departments of the university. Duties require
strong analytical and critical thinking skills, understanding of
accounting systems in a highly decentralized and complex
organization, knowledge of university rules and regulations as well
as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).Preferred
Qualifications:Preference will be given to candidates with the
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting
including preparations and review of routine and non-routine
journal entries; preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and
annual account reconciliations; and preparation and review of audit
schedules and management reports.
- Master's degree in Accounting, CPA license is preferred but not
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated abilities performing financial analysis for
management and executive reporting.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of accounting systems
in a highly decentralized and complex organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability
to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external
- Strong planning, organizational, and decision-making
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet
- Ability to work as part of a team and take on new tasks with
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Experienced
proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GASB and/or higher education
experience is a plus.
- Prior audit experience is a plus.
- PeopleSoft experience is a plus.Why Kelly--?You're looking to
keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help
you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you
with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow,
and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most
importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in
your career. It all adds up.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always
thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of
working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading
advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we
believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities
that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people
with great companies is what we do best, and our employment
opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and
industries around the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer
committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing
accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the
hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation
Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs
that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Orlando , Accounting Manager, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!