Regional Program Manager
Company: Home Builders Institute Inc
Posted on: February 24, 2021
GENERAL DESCRIPTION:Under the general direction and direct
supervision of the Operations Manager (OM) for WTE, recruits,
hires, trains, and supervises Regional Career Development
Coordinators (RCDCs). Consistently monitors and evaluates the WTE
vocational trade training programs assigned and coordinates all
staff training to include contractually required training and
professional development, consistently monitors for quality
training and placement activities to achieve performance criteria
set by HBI and funding agencies or organizations. Uses independent
judgment in travel schedules and daily work activities. Handles
confidential information and travels as required.PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Recruits and trains WTE RCDCs, RPCs and Instructors as
- Evaluates job and contract performance for staff and assigned
- Manages program budgets to ensure funds are used as designated
and in an efficient manner.
- Monitors program databases to ensure program outcomes are
successfully met; collaborates with OM and RCDCs to address
challenges and implement corrective action as needed.
- Collaborates with RCDCs to ensure WTE training areas are safe
and conducive to a quality training environment.
- Monitors students' placement and job readiness activity and
directs RPC's and RCDC's priorities to ensure that the assigned
programs meet or exceed minimum performance criteria as established
by the funding agency and outlined in the contractual
- Ensures that assigned staff have obtained the appropriate
safety training and certification(s), if required, as established
by OSHA, OASAM and HBI policies.
- Coordinates and delivers all staff training to include
contractually required and new employee training, in conjunction
with the Operations Manager.
- Assists Operations Manager with the supervision of Instructors,
RPCs, RCDCs, and the overall vocational training activities of
- Enforces all HBI and contractual established policies and
procedures that apply to staff.
- Identifies all needs of the WTE programs assigned and
communicates those needs to the Operations Manager for
- Leads a contractual area of concentration as assigned by the
- Acts as an ambassador of HBI and promotes the growth of the WTE
programs, reporting all requests for possible expansion to the
Operations Manager for consideration and follow-up.
- Maintains knowledge of instructional techniques by attending
seminars and/or workshops, and by reviewing professional and other
- Assumes responsibility in promoting teamwork and coordinating
WTE vocational training and placement activities among various HBI
departments and RCDCs, RPCs, and Instructors.
- Attends seminars, as directed, to obtain and maintain required
- Domestic travel as required in-state and out -of state (up to
- Performs related duties as assigned.WORKING
RELATIONSHIPS:Internal: Communicates with HBI and WTE staff, at all
levels, regarding vocational training and placement.External:
Communicates with a wide variety of industry, government and union
groups regarding vocational training and
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.Experience/Skills/Core
- Minimum of five years' experience supervising a large staff
which includes performance management, recruiting/hiring, training,
and coaching. (Management of remote staff preferred.)
- Ability to conduct off-site managerial duties (e.g., crisis
management, on-site managerial duties, safety assessments and
evaluation of skills training)
- Construction-related management experience helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct diverse individuals
and groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, through a variety of
media, with a wide range of government, industry, union, and other
groups and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship development and management
- Excellent conflict management and resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft
- Must possess a current valid state drivers' license and
- Depending on program or funder requirements, may need to
complete Protective Action Response training, an extensive criminal
background screening, and/or a workplace productivity
assessment.HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.HBI
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other protected characteristic as established by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Home Builders Institute Inc, Orlando , Regional Program Manager, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!