Medical Billing Operations Manager
Company: Quest National Services
Posted on: February 16, 2020
A well-established Medical Billing & Coding company based in North
Orlando seeking an experienced Medical Billing Operations Manager
to join its growing team.
The Billing Operations Manager would be responsible for managing
the day-to-day operations - to coordinate overall functions of
billing, maximizing cash flow while improving patient, physician,
and other customer relations with the account managers. This
position REQUIRES STRONG managerial leadership and business office
skills, including project management, critical thinking and
- Preferred 4 years' experience working in healthcare revenue
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in business administration or
related field experience
- Preferred a minimum of 2 years' supervisory or management
experience over staff.
- Mandatory prior leadership experience, including revenue cycle
operations, planning and execution as well as formulating policy,
developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Financial management skills, including the ability to
financially analyze data for operations, budgeting, auditing,
forecasting, account knowledge; AR and reserve analysis, market
analysis, staffing, and financial reporting skills.
- Energetic and visible leadership style that conveys
accessibility and a straightforward open approach to decision
making. Has the ability to easily engage others, create consensus
and drive change.
- Highly oriented towards transparency, employee engagement,
communication, and development of a high-performance culture. Is a
creative and effective problem solver who demonstrates a commitment
to customer service excellence.
- Experience with EMR Management software
- Strong background in Accounts Receivable
- Strong knowledge of medical insurance billing and collections,
CPT, ICD10 codes and HCPC coding and medical terminology as well as
an overall understanding of managed care products (HMO, PPO,
- Strong communication skills as you will be speaking with
physician's, patients, insurance representatives, and/or medical
billing staff on a weekly basis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel
- Must maintain HIPAA standards
- Must have reliable transportation for meetings outside of the
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining
calm and professional
- Excellent organizational skills and must be detailed
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Outstanding listening skills
- Ability to work with multiple priorities
- Assist in leading the continued integration of the vision and
mission of the Company across the various departments and divisions
while ensuring they are effectively incorporated into all aspects
of Customer Service and Administrative Support.
- Advising Senior Management on a variety of operational,
employee, and financial issues.
- Assist as a subject matter expert for all things regarding
revenue cycle including workflow and software applications.
- Assist with managing the operations and associates of the
billing team, including; claims submissions, payments postings,
accounts receivable follow-up and reimbursement management
- Manage billing and claims for accuracy, completeness, timely
submission and compliance with Federal, State, and payer
regulations, guidelines and requirements.
- Generate, analyze and/or managing daily, weekly and monthly
reporting, identifying trends impacting charges, denials and
collections for process improvements, identifying training needs
and recommending process changes
- Ensures that the activities of the professional billing
operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with
overall department and organization protocols, policies and
- Participates in the development and implementation of operating
policies and procedures.
- Meet with management team to discuss collection reports, and
develop opportunities to reduce denials, share carrier rule changes
and distribute the information within the office.
- Supervises professional and patient billing personnel, which
includes work allocation, training and problem resolution;
evaluates performance, associate satisfaction to achieve peak
productivity and performances.
- Provide customer service on the telephone and in the office for
all clients and authorized representatives regarding patient
accounts in accordance with practice protocol. Patient calls
regarding accounts receivable should be returned within 1 business
days to ensure maximum patient satisfaction.
- Provide information pertaining to billing, coding, managed care
networks, insurance carriers and reimbursement to physicians,
managers and subordinates.
- Monitor reimbursement from managed care networks and insurance
carriers to ensure reimbursement consistent with contract
- Proficiency with all facets of the EMR software system
including patient registration, charge entry, insurance processing,
advanced collections, reports and ledger inquiry.
- Provide cross coverage for Account Managers in their absence as
required to ensure efficient and professional practice
- Maintain information regarding coding, insurance carriers,
managed care networks and credentialing in an organized easy to
- Assist with hiring, training office staff and
- Maintain an organized, efficient and professional work
- Is decisive, holds people accountable while promoting a team
philosophy and can make necessary, yet perhaps unpopular decisions.
Demonstrates commitment to achieving goals while establishing a
culture of responsibility and fairness.
- Adhere to all practice policies related to HIPAA and Medicare
- Continuous sitting throughout the work shift
- Continuous verbal communication to staff
- Frequent bends, kneels and crouches
- Must be able to read small print
- Stooping and bending to files, supplies, mobility to complete
- Repetitive movements of hands, fingers and arms for typing
and/or writing during work shift
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions
objects weighing 10-20lbs
- Continuous use of the telephone to verbally speak to clients,
vendors, patients, insurance companies and/or assigned by senior
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to handle stress
- Will view computer screens for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work standard office equipment: computers, fax
machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
- Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation
Keywords: Quest National Services, Orlando , Medical Billing Operations Manager, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!