Delivery Center Network Engineer - REMOTE
Company: Presidio Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
We are seeking a full time Delivery Center Network Engineer.
* You will serve as an escalation point on support calls for products in the Riverbed and Cisco networking portfolios
* Provide ongoing Tier 2/3 support of production environments that include Riverbed, F5, Cisco, and Palo Alto products
* You will carry out testing of new features, and functionality as required and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
* Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network (if available) and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
* Troubleshoot and resolve equipment, configuration and network problems and to open and track vendor support cases through to problem resolution on production issues.
* You will team members on elements of design, implementation and support procedures for the purposes of configuring and operating products in the Riverbed product portfolio.
* Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Riverbed products and submit these practices and policies to our Knowledge Base
* You will participate in an on-call rotation and may be called upon to work off-hours to support customer escalations.
* Continually develop additional skills in other products as business needs dictate
* We seek a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
* We seek Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional Certification (RCSP)
* We seek a of minimum 5 years' experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
* You have a minimum of 3 years' experience providing implementation and technical support of Riverbed Products
* We seek technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers, Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
* Full understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks. These skills should generally include: a. TCP/IP fundamentals, b. IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles, c. Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP), d. Routing policies at BGP peering points, etc.
* Successful history of managing and operating multi-vendor network environments
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and expert level relationship management abilities, ability to work well with many levels of client engineering and management.
* You are full capable of functioning within a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction
* You communicate well within the team articulating both client facing and internal operational problems before they become issues being proactive where possible.
* We seek a passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
* You are capable of managing multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
* F5 Certified Administrator
* Cisco Certifications (CCIE, CCNP)
* Palo Alto PCNSE
* Aruba ACCP and/or ACMP
* Advanced Unix/Linux system engineering skills
* Knowledge of one of Python/Perl/Bash/PHP
* Experience with Ansible/Puppet/REST
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to email@example.com
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Presidio Inc., Orlando , Delivery Center Network Engineer - REMOTE, Engineering , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!