Minimum $30k Sign-on Bonus** Principal Electrical Engineer, Digital Power Design
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: May 16, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $30k Sign-On
Bonus****RTX employees are not eligible for sign-on bonusesAbout
Us:At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try
new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.Job Summary:The Low Voltage Power Products
(LVPP) Department supports key Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD)
products, by providing mission-critical designs relating to power
conversion, motor controls, flight termination systems, telemetry,
and other analog domains.We are looking for mid to senior level
engineers who have power electronics knowledge, including a digital
power focus, to help design robust power systems for important
national defense products.Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design, analyze, simulate, test, and document power conversion
circuitry potentially utilizing any standard power conversion
topologies (non-isolated and isolated) with the main emphasis on
board mounted power end use applications.
- Architect at the circuit card stack level.
- See circuit card and stack development through its design
phases, from requirements definition through initial integration
- Create advanced level digital power conversion designs, and
help to create related best practices.
- Create software control schemes relating to digital power
conversion, and guide related software development. Begin to engage
in related roadmapping activities.
- Drive to meet schedule concerns. Define schedules for circuit,
circuit card, and stack level tasking.
- Guide ECAD drafters and junior engineers through layout and
routing activities. Define layer stackup definitions. Drive
decisions relating to creepage and clearance.
- Lead medium sized teams to success with schedule, budget, and
- Engage in personal technical growth, and facilitate technical
growth in peers and junior engineers. Help to understand what
opportunities are needed to mature the organization on the
- Clearly present work product of your team to functional and
program leadership. Manage related risk discussions. Guide junior
engineers on technical presentation skills.Qualifications You Must
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 8+ years of related experience
- Design, analysis, test, and simulation experience with linear
converters, and familiarity with all of the following non-isolated
converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
- Experience using tools such as MATLAB, MathCAD, Mathematica, or
other similar tools. This includes experience developing templates
with these tools.
- Experience utilizing and creating electrical design
- Experience with designing at the circuit card stack level to
meet concerns of adjacent disciplines, such as thermal, structural,
mechanical, reliability, and quality.
- Experience with Texas Instruments C-2000 family of
microcontrollers, Microchip PIC controllers, VHDL, or real time
operating systems. Ability to design Z-domain control systems
without referring to the S-domain.
- Experience with using CAN-bus, UART, and/or RS-422
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearance.Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with professional transformer and inductor design,
analysis, test, and simulation considerations in power electronics
- Experience with EMI Filter design, analysis, test, and
simulation considerations in power electronics circuits.
- Design, analysis, and simulation experience with at least one,
and conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with
all of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback,
half-bridge, full-bridge, forward, push-pull, resonant.
- A self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function in a
dynamic environment, and have good time management skills. Should
have professional experience leading small teams, and experience
working with other team leads toward a larger goal.
- Exposure to managing customer relationships.
- Must have professional experience communicating and documenting
technical topics at the small and large team level, and experience
presenting to upper levels of management.
- Conceptual familiarity and experience must include stability.
Must have understanding of switching converter control techniques
and modes such as voltage mode, peak and average current modes,
their advantages and disadvantages.
- An understanding of switching converter control techniques and
modes such as voltage mode, peak and average current modes, their
advantages and disadvantages.
- Experience conducting trade studies relating to power
electronics architecture at the circuit card stack level.
- Experience guiding drafters through the ECAD process, including
the layout and routing concerns specific to non-isolated and
isolated power electronics
- Moderate professional Experience with wide bandgap devices
(SiC, GaN) in power electronics designs.
- Moderate professional Experience with circuit simulator
SIMPLIS, and/or system simulator SABER.
- Moderate professional Experience with Mentor Graphics
DxDesigner, and/or Hyperlynx.
- Moderate professional Experience with acting as a liaison
between program and functional management in a cross-matrixed
- Moderate professional Experience with military
- Moderate professional Experience with design considerations for
voltages > 400V and/or power > 10kW.
- Moderate professional Experience with three-phase power
systems, power factor control, and inverter/rectifier
- Moderate professional Experience with motor control
- Moderate professional Experience with program management tools
such as Earned Value.
- Moderate professional Experience with proposal development.What
We Offer:Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or
are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards
package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare,
wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.Additional Details:This position is located
in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors
year-round.DisclaimerEmployee Referral Award Eligibility: Only
employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to
receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and
RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see
guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.Raytheon Technologies
is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Orlando , Minimum $30k Sign-on Bonus** Principal Electrical Engineer, Digital Power Design, Engineering , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!