Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Company: WSP USA
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to
innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready
to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines.
To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That's why here
at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core
principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP
employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full-time Sr. Mechanical
Engineer for our Orlando, FL office. The following locations will
also be considered: Tampa, Miami, and Sunrise. Be involved in
projects with our BuildingsTeam and be a part of a growing
organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their
challenges. We work closely with architects and owners from around
the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability
and energy performance of the built environment. This role will
actively participate in the full project cycle with a focus on
healthcare projects from the design phase through the final
construction close-out. Our Engineers work on high quality,
high-profile, national and international projects with our practice
providing design services for over 30 million square feet of
Provides technical assistance and guidance for multi-site/phase due
diligence, design, development, building, testing, and inspecting
of mechanical systems on infrastructure, building, and construction
projects in the public and private sector. Responsibilities include
the research, design, concept development, planning, installation,
operation, maintenance, and optimal integration of automatic
temperature control, air distribution, hydronic, and plumbing
systems, equipment and processes. Substantiates reports and
documentation regarding installation, construction, and operation
specifications. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered and
adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable
industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.
- Determine well-defined methods for collecting, compiling, and
analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints,
schematics, data, technical drawings, computer-generated reports,
and other matrices for project development, design, and
- Perform professional mechanical engineering work and conduct
research and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions,
equipment, resources, building, infrastructure, usage, and
mechanical systems to determine conformance with applicable rules,
standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Develop construction and installation plans, specifications,
and cost estimates; preparing construction safety and phasing
plans, and updating infrastructure layout plans that require
coordination with owners, other disciplines, sub-consultants, and
- Incorporate advanced technology, modeling techniques, concept
development, design requirements, load calculations, and operating
strategies to account for the proper installation and functioning
of equipment and systems according to specifications; implementing
future-ready solutions with mechanical engineering design
- Verify site characteristics and provide technical assistance on
various engineering, design, and construction issues relating to
automatic temperature control systems and specifications, air
distribution (supply, return, exhaust), hydronic systems (chilled
water, heating water, etc.) and plumbing systems (domestic water,
waste, vent, storm, etc.).
- Comply with regulatory requirements pertaining to the data
integrity, documentation, procedures, training, monitoring systems,
and record compliance and retention.
- Interact with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and clients
in a confident and professional manner.
- Remain current in latest mechanical engineering techniques and
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and planners on
projects with building and infrastructure authorities on Federal,
State, regional, and locally funded improvement and development
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding
company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of
Conduct and related policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or closely related
- 5 to 7 years of relevant post education experience in
engineering and prior mechanical design experience.
- Engineer in Training Certification.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical engineering principles,
practices, process, design/build, and the application to project
- Experience with building and infrastructure planning, design,
and construction management; including active involvement in a
variety of rehabilitation and new design projects.
- Working knowledge with process and concepts for reducing and
eliminating the use or generation of hazardous
- Working knowledge of relevant mechanical system and
construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations
involving the application of engineering principles, understanding
plans and specifications, and making factual comparisons to the
- Proficiency with technical writing, office automation,
discipline-specific design software (i.e., AutoCAD, CAM),
technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability
to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
- Essential Professional Licensure/Certification.
- Experience managing small to mid-size projects.
- Experience with lab and healthcare projects.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum Years Experience: 5-7 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: ORLANDO - E PINE ST
- All locations: US-FL-Miami, US-FL-Orlando, US-FL-Pompano Beach,
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's
leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to
serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical
experts, strategic advisors and construction management
professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings,
transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more
than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we
partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical,
dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on
a providing health and financial stability throughout the
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to
grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to
your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and
challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United
Keywords: WSP USA, Orlando , Sr. Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!