Principal Algorithms/AI Engineer
Company: Elbit Systems of America
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance
products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the
defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical
instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United
States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those
who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United
States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit
Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high
technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for
innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional
information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on
The position is for an Algorithm/Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Engineer II with 5-10 years experience, to work on traditional
algorithms development at the Elbit Systems of America (ESA)
Orlando site. The job is critical to developing, demonstrating, and
quantifying signal and image processing capabilities across ESA's
product and market portfolio. Algorithm development and deployment
are central to this job function.
- 5 to 10 years of defense, academic, or industrial experience in
algorithms development, deep learning, and systems engineering
- Experience in C, C++, Matlab, Python
- Experience with Signal and Image Processing algorithm
- Experience with EO/IR and Laser Systems
- Experience with AiTR and tracking algorithms/capabilities
- Hardware/software integration
- Requirements traceability, identification of Key Performance
Parameters (KPPs), and verification testing
- Simulation and Modeling
- Experience creating and presenting algorithm concepts, analysis
and performance of data to stakeholders.
- Ability to read recent EO/IR and Laser research papers and
adapt those into models to solve real world problems.
- Exposure to deep learning frameworks, including Tensorflow,
Caffe, MxNet, Torch, Theano.
- Develop and analyze highly complex algorithms.
- Implementation of algorithms in hardware and an understanding
of the system design architecture trade space.
- Provide technical support to customer, user lab, and in-field
- Perform system/product integration.
- Verification and validation of highly complex system designs to
ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and
- Prepare Technical level presentations.
- Provide outside contact with ESA affiliates and other
- An ability to effectively document and communicate designs,
results, reports, status and presentations.
- Work independently and with internal/external
- Willingness to travel Domestically and Internationally.
Operates under the direct supervision of their supervisor.
- Must support customer demonstrations
- Works closely with business unit program manager
Bachelor's Degree is required, Master's Degree is highly
Specific Degree Field: Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Systems Engineering, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence,
Data Science, or related
Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated DOD Clearance at the
As a contractor to the U.S. federal government, all Elbit Systems
of America employees are required to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. As a result, full vaccination is required for this
position unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Elbit Systems of America, Orlando , Principal Algorithms/AI Engineer, Engineering , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!