High School English Teacher
Company: Bishop Moore Catholic Highschool Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Bishop Moore Catholic High School prepares students for life
after high school by teaching them virtue and knowledge as they
will need to be contributing members of society based on the Gospel
message and Roman Catholic teaching. Bishop Moore, the largest
private Catholic school in Orlando, Florida, serves families in the
9th-12th grades. We are dedicated to providing our students with
"Virtus et Scientia" (virtue and knowledge) through educational
excellence in a Christ-centered environment. We take great pride in
our academic, artistic, and athletic programs-they are truly
exceptional. Our spiritual connection and commitment to excellence
set us apart from other schools.Bishop Moore is seeking a qualified
full-time English Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. As a
professional educator in a Catholic school, the teacher will:
- Have an understanding that BMCHS is a Catholic High School and
an appreciation and commitment to upholding the Catholic spiritual
and intellectual traditions as they are the foundation of all
things at the school.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in the specific subject area or
related field: candidates with AP teaching experience are
- Hold a valid Teaching Certificate from the State of Florida or
eligible for State Certification (6-12) in the specific subject
- Applicants who are practicing Catholics and have prior
experience teaching high school are preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of teaching, communication,
and people skills.
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full
- Upon employment, the individual will be subject to a 90-day
probationary period. Requirements
- To be familiar with and supportive of the educational
philosophy of the school and the Diocese of Orlando.
- To use the designated curriculum, assigned textbooks/e-books
and materials, and to observe, enforce, and implement the policies
and regulations prescribed by the faculty and student
- To embrace and have the confidence and knowledge to use
technology as an educational tool as BMC is a 1:1 school.
- To show competency in using technology and provide instruction
in person and/or virtually.
- To observe the school calendar and be available to students and
parents which includes before and after school.
- To fulfill the normal workload of a full-time teacher, which
shall include: Present on campus from 7:30 am until 3:30 pm and
teaching at least 5 classes.
- To supervise student activities and assume other duties inside
and outside of school which may include retreats, field trips,
assemblies, and/or others. Duties may be assigned as needed.
- To develop effective use of lesson plans according to diocesan
and school expectations.
- To attend faculty meetings, department meetings, and other
school meetings as necessary.
- To meet the yearly expectation for professional development and
- To assume responsibility for the order and discipline of
students in and out of the classroom.
- To cooperate fully with the school's religious and or faith
- To make all reports as required in a timely manner for
administrative purposes and student attendance.
- To exercise proper supervision and care of all furniture,
electronic devices, books, supplies, equipment, rooms, and
buildings entrusted to use.
- To observe professional ethics, dress, and maintain
confidentiality in dealing with administrators, faculty, students,
parents, and the public.
- To substitute on a rotating basis for fellow teachers who are
- To be present at Parent/Teacher Conferences, and to be
available for other Parent/Teacher Conferences when requested by
- To be present at faculty retreats, Open House, Back-to-School
Night, and the graduation ceremony, and any other school-sponsored
activity that is a part of the life of the school.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues to plan and develop
school-wide initiatives that include but are not exclusive to
instruction, assessments, textbook/Ebook adoptions, etc.
- To advance the mission of Bishop Moore Catholic through prayer,
encouragement, and fidelity to Roman Catholic teaching.
Keywords: Bishop Moore Catholic Highschool Inc, Orlando , High School English Teacher, Education / Teaching , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!