Administrative Assistant III, Law Clinic Internships
Company: Barry University
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Barry University School of Law seeks an Administrative Assistant
III, Law Clinic Internships. This is a full-time position, working
40 hours per week. The Administrative Assistant III serves as the
primary assistant to law clinic faculty for the in-house clinics
which is a law firm in which students get an opportunity to
practice law under the supervision of the clinic faculty. The
Administrative Assistant III is the main contact between the
public, clients, clinic faculty and clinic students. The
Administrative Assistant III assists in the handling of all clinic
cases, client communications, file maintenance, case management,
scheduling activities and drafting correspondence among other
Provides assistance to the clinic faculty and students on the legal
work of the clinic by:
- Assisting in the drafting of legal documents including:
providing. grammatical edits, creation of table of contents,
creation of table of authorities.
- Assisting in the filing of legal documents with courts or
- Assisting in serving documents to appropriate parties.
- Assisting in drafting case related correspondence.
- With direction of the clinical faculty, schedules case related
Ensures maintenance of case management system by:
- Creating and maintaining, with the cooperation of each clinical
faculty member, physical and electronic filing systems for
- Maintaining information in case management system on all clinic
cases with consistency and minimal errors.
- Creating all files for clinic cases physically and
Supports the work of the students working in the office by
providing support and assisting in routine details by:
- Providing group instruction to students when requested by
individual clinic faculty on the office procedure including
information on maintaining the files and case management
- Providing individual guidance to help students learn how to do
tasks in the office.
- Ensuring, with the cooperation of other clinic staff, supplies
are adequate to complete the work of the clinics.
Prepares and maintains an office manual and a student manual,
setting forth the necessary elements of procedure, policy, rules
and regulations necessary for the efficient operation of the
Provides information to the public, staff and students about the
status of cases and projects of the Clinical Programs by:
- Cheerfully answering all calls to the clinic's main number,
taking messages and responding to caller's inquiries
- Greeting all visitors to the clinic
- Maintaining call forwarding and voice mail operations.
- Providing a variety of information to assist visitors/callers
while helping to solve their problems and answer their questions in
the most efficient manner.
Provides assistance to the clinical faculty in their class and law
school responsibilities by:
- Collecting, collating, copying and distributing classroom
- Arranging classroom space for clinic classes.
- Supporting the law faculty, law school, bar and community
obligations by providing drafting, copying and other activities to
do their work
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, events, phone calls,
interviews appointments and other activities related to the
The Clinical Programs is a functioning law firm at the law school.
The Administrative Assistant functions both as a legal secretary to
ongoing cases as well as a faculty assistant to faculty who are
involved in teaching, training (that often involves travel) and
supporting the work of students who are functioning as lawyers for
the first time in their career, . This requires an ability to
juggle many projects at once as well as handle many personalities
including clients, judges, attorneys representing other parties,
students, faculty and other staff at the school.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of strong administrative work experience
- Notary Public license preferred, but can be obtained after
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills required
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise sound
judgement and make decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks & meet
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ability to maintain Outlook
calendar and schedule appointments appropriately. Ability to learn
the CLIO program.
- Must possess skills in office processes and secretarial
responsibilities to manage diverse workload. Must have strong
organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and pay
attention to details.
- Ability to handle multi-functional copier, including scans and
faxes. Ability to operate a multi-line reception desk phone.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with
the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must possess excellent receptionist skills with the ability to
communicate in a courteous, professional manner whether by phone,
email or in person.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and interpersonal skills
to interact with all levels of the public and University.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package
to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life
insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and
work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs,
spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment.
Keywords: Barry University, Orlando , Administrative Assistant III, Law Clinic Internships, Administration, Clerical , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!