Medical Front Desk Receptionist
Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Description: Looking for an Medical Office Front Desk
Receptionist with 2 or more years medical office and medical
referral experience. Bilingual preferred. Statement of Purpose:
This position is responsible for Front Desk Office
Administration.Primary Tasks: Medical Office Front Desk
- Accurately learns EMR system.
- Greets and directs all clinic patients and visitors in a
prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Professionally and effectively answers and routes all phone
- Creates new billing batch in EMR each morning
- Collects payments for daily visits and account balances
- Accurately enters all payments into EMR
- Verifies that current insurance cards are on file
- Makes copies of current insurance cards for EMR when
- Accurately enters and maintains accurate insurance information
for patients in EMR
- Verifies patient's demographics at each visit
- Distribute all clinic mail and faxes
- Coordinates patient transportation if neededSecondary Tasks:
Medical Office Front Desk Receptionist
- Assists Check Out, Medical Records, and RN/LPN with
administrative/clerical tasks when requested
- Maintains adequate stock of office supplies.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient/client and/or
family in accordance with HIPAA, professional and departmental
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission and
values, and follows its policies and procedures.
- Works effectively and professionally with a diverse population
treating all staff, patient and clients with respect at all
- Performs all other duties as required.Responsible To: Practice
Administrator. Requirements: Physical Requirements: Medical Office
Front Desk Receptionist
- Neat, professional appearance.
- SEDENTARY: Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly in lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or
standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
word, visual and auditory acuity.Education/Professional: Medical
Office Front Desk ReceptionistAssociate Degree and/or business
equivalentValid Driver's LicenseExperience:
- Three years of office experience required.
- Minimum of two years experience in a medical office setting
with medical records, referrals and/or front office.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Medical Office Front Desk
- Ability to organize and complete work assignments with minimal
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with
- Ability to deal with a diverse clientele both in person and
over the phone.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical office procedures and
- Knowledge of office equipment including multi-line phone
- Proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft
Office and Outlook
- Ability to be highly organized and focused on details and
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferredOther Duties:Please note
this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee of this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are
different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Orlando , Medical Front Desk Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!