Senior Property Director
Company: Altman Management Company
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Description:INTRODUCTION:The purpose of this position
description is to communicate many of the responsibilities and
duties associated with the position of Senior Property Director.
While the information is comprehensive, it is noted some of the
responsibilities and duties may not be addressed. Altman Management
Company operates with a "Team Approach" and fully expects every
person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent
with fulfilling company goals and objectives. As it is the
Company's philosophy to promote from within whenever possible, it
is recommended each associate familiarize themselves with the
duties and responsibilities of those positions directly above and
around their own. This position description does not constitute an
employment contract between AMC and any associate.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Scheduled work days may vary. Position requires the ability to
work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due
to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that
individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent
- Standard hours of operation per the assigned location.
Additional hours as necessary due to variable conditions such as
staffing, workload, deadlines or emergencies.Equipment:
- Position requires individuals to either operate their own
vehicle or a vehicle provided by the property to transport
prospective residents around the property and to use personal
vehicle to make bank deposits and pick up supplies, as
- Position requires purchasing and wearing company specified
uniforms and/or accessories to be paid for by the associate.
- Position requires the ability to enter data into a computer and
generate printed reports.
- Position requires the ability to answer telephones, clearly
respond to inquiries and produce clear accurate messages.
- Position requires the ability to use general office equipment
including but not limited to, computers, calculators, copy
machines, and facsimile machines.General:
- In conjunction with the Regional Property Director, the
Property Director will assist in the formulation of budgets for
each upcoming calendar year and is responsible for staying within
established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Hire, terminate, supervise, train, and motivate all site staff
in order to achieve the operational goals established for the
assigned property. Perform new associate orientation. Conduct
performance reviews and counseling sessions, as needed, for all
- Responsible for establishing the monthly staff scheduling and
ensuring the hours of operation are followed. Responsible for
ensuring that the office, models and vacant apartments are in
- Physically walk and inspect the property on a daily basis and
check on rent-ready status of vacant apartments. Work with
maintenance supervisor to ensure turnovers are timely scheduled and
completed. Perform inspection with residents at move-in and
- Conduct market surveys. Shop competition. Maintain a constant
awareness of neighborhood market conditions.
- Welcome and show property to prospective new residents. Handle
incoming phone calls from prospective new residents.
- In conjunction with maintenance staff, the Property Director
will conduct weekly on-site staff meetings to discus new and
reinforce existing policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Attend scheduled corporate manager meetings.
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to achieve and
maintain a high standard of resident service, resident
communications, response to complaints, etc. The position requires
daily contact with residents in person or on the telephone.
- The position requires constant vendor/subcontractor
communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor
relations, and bidding. The Property Director is responsible for
approving and overseeing the payment processing of all site related
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a
daily, weekly and monthly basis. Ensure that all income is
collected, properly posted, and deposited in an accurate and timely
- Determine and implement course of action to collect any
delinquent rents to achieve optimum income to the Owner. Oversee
the timely processing of all evictions.
- Responsible for daily update of 'make-ready board'. Coordinate
with maintenance staff to ensure timely turnover of
- Uphold AMC standards of excellence with regard to maintenance
and customer service.
- Conduct on-going training with site staff on showing and
leasing of property, handling customer complaints and maintaining
- Review and approve all new leases to ensure compliance with
approval criteria and to ensure all documents have been property
completed and signed.
- Oversee preparation and review all bond paperwork to ensure
compliance and meet reporting requirements (for applicable 'bond'
- It is the Property Director's responsibility to know and adhere
to all federal, state and local laws related to operation of the
property (such as, Fair Housing, ADA, Equal Employment Opportunity,
OSHA), as well as all policies and procedures implemented by the
- Work with staff to develop program of resident activities and
events to encourage community spirit.
- Responsibly manage the expenditure of and provide written
accounting for any petty cash funded for property use.Computer:
- Ensure that traffic and leasing data is correctly reported, and
assist Asst. Property Director with computer data input as
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as required. Complete
monthly closing as required.
- Understand computer functions and maintain accurate data files.
Follow company computer polices and procedures.
- Follow correct procedures in the collection, tracking, and
deposit of revenue and maintenance of move-out data. These should
be updated on a daily basis.Leasing:
- As necessary, lease apartments and aggressively sell the
products and services of the property to which assigned. Develop,
refine and effectively train staff on superior telephone and
personal sales skills to specifically respond to site visit or
telephone inquiries, to conduct site tours, effectively sell to
prospects and lease apartments. Work to optimize occupancy while
maximizing effective lease rent. Site tours include, but are not
limited to, showing and transporting the prospect around the
property in order to show the prospect all property amenities,
model apartments and available apartments.
- Work with the property staff to develop and implement sales and
marketing strategies. Increase property traffic levels, maintain
closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of own property and that of
major competition through site visits/tours and telephone
- Prepare all lease related paperwork in an accurate and timely
manner. Be able to explain all lease documents to new associates
and to prospective and existing residents. Ensure all documents are
properly completed prior to resident move-in.
- Follow established policy and procedures in the qualification,
screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.General
- Identify and analyze problems and develop and implement
decisions that help the property achieve the owner's objectives and
are consistent with the management company's policies and
- Effectively plan and organize present and forecasted
- Effectively disseminate all information and instructions
necessary for others, including peers and subordinates, to do their
- All other duties assigned by the Regional Property Director and
home office staff.
- Assist in preparation of monthly owner's reports.Working
Environment:Usually indoors; frequently outdoors, all conditions.
Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc.
(Example: apartment immediately after, or during make
ready).Requirements:Education:Minimum high school diploma or
equivalent; college degree preferred. The position requires the
ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English, and the
ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical
functions.Experience:Management experience in Lease-ups and
multi-sites required.Skills:The position requires the ability to
effectively manage and coordinate people, activities and available
resources to accomplish property objectives as established by the
annual budget, Regional Property Director, and property Owner.
These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and
property values. The Property Director is directly responsible for
maintaining daily, weekly and monthly reports, including accurate
reporting of rents and deposits received. The following additional
skills are required:
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Effective administrative and organizational skills
- Productive time-management skills
- Professional image
- Positive customer-service orientation
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including
interacting with vendors and subcontractors
- Excellent sales skills
- Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions
and management software packages
- Ability to function as a team player
- Familiarity with basic office proceduresLicenses:A valid
driver's license and current automobile
insuranceTraining:Generally, no prior formal training is required.
However, this position requires previous experience in a related
field. The Property Director should immediately familiarize
themselves with all published AMC policies and procedures and
satisfactorily complete any in-house training in leasing, computers
and property management offered or required within the first 90
days of employment.Physical Requirements:
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs
of day. Estimate 40% of time is spent on feet and 60% sitting at a
desk. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities
related to inspecting and presenting the property.
- Have frequent need (50% to 75% of time) to perform the
following physical activities:
- bend/stoop/squat Pick up litter, file
- climb stairs Show and inspect property
- push or pull Show and inspect property, close doors and
- reach above shoulders Inspect property, store supplies
- Constant need (75% to 100% of time) to perform the following
- writing/typing Resident communications, data input, inter
- grasping/turning Telephone, doorknob use
- finger dexterity Operation of office equipment
- Lifting/carrying (paperwork, deliveries, books, files,
- over 25 lb. Rare need (less than 1% of time)
- between 10-15 lb. Occasional need (1% to 25% of time)
- less than 10 lb. Frequent need (50% to 75% of time)Vision
Requirements:Constant need (75% to 100% of time) to complete forms,
read and review leases and reports, wide variety of correspondence,
view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail.Hearing
Requirements:Constant need (75% to 100% of time) to communicate
over telephone and in person with prospects, residents, corporate
staff and vendors.Driving Requirements:Occasional need (25% to 50%
of time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment
property and surrounding neighborhood and to make bank deposits and
to use personal or company-provided vehicle to transport
prospective residents throughout the site.Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Altman Management Company, Orlando , Senior Property Director, Accounting, Auditing , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...