Company: Balfour Beatty US
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a
comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, Florida is seeking a
Project Accountant to work on various projects. The Project
Accountant is the primary accounting and administrative support for
a construction project, from project startup through final
closeout. Serves as the liaison between the jobsite and the finance
department, ensuring all accounting standard operating procedures
are followed at the jobsite. Performs activities related to
contracts, bonds, insurance, payables, liens, billings,
payroll/cost/budget reports and sustainability reporting for the
jobsite management team.
- Provides information to appropriate people regarding project
status (i.e. PFR, job cost reports to owners, etc.) and
communicates between the field and corporate office.
- Ensures job cost reports and accounts receivable reports are
accurate at all times and in balance with the general ledger.
- Ensures all information in the project cost system and
underlying supporting records are properly classified in a manner
that best facilitates the use of the information.
- Understands the nature of the project cost systems and the
information processed. Bring issues to the attention of Financial
Services and the Project Manager for assistance and further
- Enters all financial paperwork into the accounting system to
ensure timely and accurate job cost information.
- This includes owner and sub change orders, owner billings,
budget transfers, subcontractor pay requirements, payroll and A/P
invoices and data for carbon cost codes.
- Processes all miscellaneous and blanket purchase order invoices
in a timely manner and ensure supporting paperwork is attached,
correct and approved.
- Collaborates with key people to process monthly billings to
owners and runs projected final cost report.
- Processes subcontractor monthly pay requisitions and ensures
all supporting attachments are correct.
- Follows up with subcontractors to obtain any missing documents
so subcontractors are paid on time.
- Maintains subcontractor/vendor purchasing register.
- Verify all subcontractors have current insurance certificates
by checking the insurance/held check database and the fully
executed contract prior to the subcontractor starting work.
- Implements and maintains a filing system according to company
- Establishes and maintains files required for company Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Minority Business Entity (MBE)
- Performs various administrative tasks for the jobsite,
including: handling incoming/outgoing mail and overnight mail,
establishing new supplier accounts, purchasing office supplies,
preparing payroll, answering telephones, filing, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years or more of accountant experience preferably in the
- Proficiency in basic accounting principles.
- Proficient using a personal computer (PC) and company
communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft
products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Associates in Accounting or related field.
- Construction accounting experience or AEC industry experience
strongly desired, but not required.
- Local candidate preferred, but not required.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general
contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build
services for public and private sector clients across the nation.
Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build
the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important
role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities.
Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is
fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices
and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through
Zero Harm--, we are challenging the construction industry's
assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should
come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation's largest building
contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a
subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the
value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any
other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Balfour Beatty US, Orlando , Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!